Here are some of the biggest announcements from E3. Basic details are here and more detailed insights are linked.
- Rage 2 – Coming in Spring, 2019.
- Elder Scrolls: Legends is relaunching with new visuals on Switch. Two new DLC modes are also coming: Wolfhunter and Murkmire
- Doom Eternal is the sequel to the reboot of the original Doom, which will feature twice as many demons. More details are set to be released at QuakeCon later this year.
- Quake Champions is getting new characters, and is free to play from June 10 to June 22.
- Prey is getting some new DLC and 3 new game modes. The DLC is called ‘Moon Crash’, and the three new game modes are Story, Game+ and Survival. Typhoon Hunter is coming later this year in VR.
- Wolfenstein 2: Youngblood is coming to VR in 2019 and will include a co-op mode.
- Elder Scrolls Blades will be available on iOS and Android with three game modes: a 1v1 arena, ‘The Town’ and ‘Abyss’.
- Elder Scrolls IV
- Fallout 76
- Battlefield 5 will include a battle royale mode and a single-player campaign titled Nordly’s War Story.
- FIFA: 2019 arrives on September 28 with a single-player campaign, Champions League and of course updated players and teams.
- Origin Access Premier is a premium gaming subscription tier which is $15 a month or $100 a year. The platform gives you access to games but we will have to wait to see if this is a positive or negative.
- Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order’s story falls between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.
- Star Wars: Battlefront 2 is getting some huge updates, after the disappointing release earlier this year. EA apologised on stage for the loot box and pay-to-win model before announcing what is coming. A new map based on the Clone Wars is coming, as well as new heroes including Obi-Wan Kenobi and General Grievous.
- Unravel 2 will include a co-op mode.
- Sea of Solitude – early 2019.
- NBA Live: 2019 releasing September 17 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
- Madden NFL: 2019 – August 10
- Command and Conquer: Rivals for iOS and Android with a 1v1 mode.
- Anthem – 22 February and will not have loot boxes or pay-to-win features.
MICROSOFT & UBISOFT
- Halo Infinite
- Gear 5 (Gears of War sequel renamed)
- Cyberpunk 2077
- The Division 2 – March 15
- Devil May Cry is arriving in the second quarter of 2019, which follows the previous release from ten years ago.
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Jump Force is a Shonen Jump themed fighter including characters from Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Death Note and Naruto.
- Crackdown 3 – February
- Metro Exodus – February 22
- We Happy Few – August 10
- Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course is the latest expansion for Cuphead. It will include new bosses, weapons, charms and a new character, Ms. Chalice.
- Battle Toads will have a 3-player couch co-op.
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit is to be set in the same world as Life is Strange.
- Nier Automata: Become as Gods Edition is coming to Xbox One and includes all previous DLC.
- Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
- Sea of Thieves is releasing two new expansions: Cursed Sails and Forsaken Shores. Cursed Sails drops in July and Forsaken Shores in August
- Black Desert
- Just Cause 4
- Dying Light 2 will include a functioning ecosystem which reacts and changes with player’s choices.
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider – September 14
- Kingdom Hearts 3 – January 29 (with a Frozen-themed world)
- The Last of Us Part 2
- Ghost of Tsushima
- Resident Evil 2 Remake
- Trover Saves the World
- Death Stranding
- Nioh 2
- Daemon X Machina
- Killer Queen Black
- Overcooked 2
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- Super Mario Party
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Latest Smash game with EVERY 65+ characters introduced becoming playable. Releasing 7 December.
- New games available on Switch: Hollow Knight and Fortnite