So one day for some reason you have $100,000 in your spare account and decide, hey I want to make an anime, so well here’s the list of how to make one.
- Okay so the 1st step is well, have some Japanese in you.
- Go and present your anime idea to one of the many companies such as A1 Pitchers Boones and Keoto Animation. But if your not in anyway affiliated with anyone in the businesses then your probably better off going to web Animation.
- Now you can pitch an original idea or go down the root of manga games, or even light novels with an existing fanbase. Then I want you to make a good character development plot, applied with good animation, and finally set it on fire. Because unfortunately that means nothing in the first twenty or so episodes anyway.
- So say that happens and you get into pre-production, then comes the storyboards where they are given to the artists, who then colour it all in and send off for approval
- Once you get that done, they either get the voce actors in to do their stuff of yelling and saying oni-chan a lot. If not then they usually send it off to other countries such as Korea, China and Thailand occasionally. From there they add their own style to it, which can be a bit of a double ended balde at times.
- Now sometime’s the animation just goes, hey lets do something different and it will sell like hotcakes
like Knights of Sidonia…….
(please don’t watch this anime, as in my opinion, it’s a really bad watch though, and as for the animation, I think the stuff rom the 80’s are better)
- Now after a lot of repetition of those steps, slave labour, shipping off to other countries, a bunch of pissed-off fans and there you have it, you have an anime ….that probably wont get a 2nd season….
In all seriousness I do hope that if you do decide to go into any form of art that you do try to brake some barriers, I mean look at Hideo Kojima, he had his own style and his one of the best in the gaming world. but he had to do some basic work first before giving us this.
Literally the funniest ways to describe your favourite anime to your non-anime-loving friends: